Grace Covenant Church

Grace Covenant Church
2101 East 50th Street, Texarkana, AR

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sunday's Sermon--I Have Already Forgotten

I don't know how it is with other preachers, but I believe that God put me in ministry so that I would be forced to pray, read, think, speak, and remember essential things.  Most of my sermons are designed primarily for me and secondarily for the congregation.  I am the slowest to hear, the slowest to understand, and the slowest to respond.  My prayer is that my time spent talking to myself in the front of the church sanctuary each Sunday will also be of help to others.

Here we are on Wednesday during the week before Christmas, and I must admit, that not once, not twice, but many times, I have already forgotten or have disregarded what I preached Sunday.

Here are the closing words, the main application of that sermon:

The lesson to be learned: Take time.
Maybe in the mornings, maybe in the evenings, maybe on the day after Christmas.
Hopefully right now: Enjoy, relax, meditate, think, marvel.
In the mad rush of the season, Take time.
So far, I have been rushed, distracted, exhausted, stressed, irritated, and even mildly depressed.  So, I need to listen to myself and Take time.  I need to enjoy the birth of Christ, relax in God's goodness, meditate on God's grace, and marvel at the Incarnation.

The sermon, or at least most of it, is posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment